Sell more by up-selling
Upselling is when a customer is persuaded to buy additional or expensive items, add-ons or additional services in order to increase revenue and profit.
It is mainly done by exposing the buyer to additional options or combination sets that the potential customer hasn’t considered yet.
The web technology available for upselling is complex and requires significant rework of the website. As the static website needs to react dynamically by proposing the items to the visitor based upon the selected or viewed item.
Successful upselling can be achieved by:
- Proposition of additional items related to the product
- Proposition of additional service related to the product or service – many cases based on fear
The idea is to keep the customer buying as he is in a buying mood.
Instead of a complex and expensive technology that is hard to implement, popupbooster provides a simple technology that has the same effect at a low cost.
A popup is used that you can completely define and easily customize. The appearance of the popup is fully under your control as it can be triggered by the data and information you specify.
- Create one or more popups: different item(s) and a link to the up-sell item(s)
- Define the conditional triggers for each popup
- Insert a java script line into the web pages of your website or the footer of the CMS
Test for analyzing in order to optimize
When inserted and active, the popups of popupbooster record every click-through allowing to easily testing different offerings in order to analyze and optimize your sales.